Gran Canaria Airport (LPA)
Driving Directions / Travel by Car
(Gran Canaria, Spain)
Located about 18 km / 11 miles from the city of Las Palmas, Gran Canaria Airport (LPA) sits on the east coast of the island, about half way along the length of the GC-1 motorway. Driving to the airport is an uncomplicated and stress-free experience.
The airport is located close to a number of notable districts, villages and towns, which include Telde, the Playa de Melenara and Gando to the north, Aguatona, Ingenio and Santa Lucia de Tirajana to the west, and the Playa de Arinaga to the south. Also worth noting, the Atlantic Ocean lies directly east of Gran Canaria Airport.
Running in a north / south direction, the Autovia Las Palmas Puerto Rico highway borders the eastern side of Gran Canaria Airport, being intersected by the Avenida de los Artesanos.
Directions to Gran Canaria Airport (LPA) from the north of the island:
Directions to Gran Canaria Airport (LPA) from the south of the island:
- From Bañaderos, take the GC-1 motorway south towards Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
- Continue on the same road past Las Palmas de Gran Canaria until reaching the airport
Directions to Gran Canaria Airport (LPA) from the east of the island:
- From Playa des Ingles, take the GC-1 motorway north until you reach the airport
Directions to Gran Canaria Airport (LPA) from the west of the island:
- The airport is located on the eastern coast of the island. There are no destinations farther east of the airport.
- From San Nicolas de Tolentino, take the coast road to Arguineguin, where it meets with the GC-1 motorway
- Take the GC-1 motorway north until reaching the airport
The GC-1 motorway is the island's most significant road and it has the potential to experience congestion during busy times of the day. We recommend that you leave plenty of time in your travel schedule for any unexpected delays.
Gran Canaria Airport (LPA): Virtual Google Maps